There are lots of medical procedures and out there to help us look and feel younger. But before considering something like that, try these 5 anti-aging tips.
- Hydrate your skin and your body. Inside and out. This means drink plenty of water and moisturize your skin. All of your skin. Be generous about it and don’t skip a day. Dry, flaky skin is NEVER a good look.
- Sleep. Get enough of it. Lack of sleep causes and enhances bags and dark circles under the eyes, releases hormones that cause us to eat more, and zaps energy.
- Perform weight bearing exercise. Strength training helps us maintain lean muscle mass and reduce body fat giving us a firmer physique, helps with posture and balance, and gives us the strength and energy to complete daily tasks and continue participating in life the way we want to. For more information on this topic, see my BLOG POST about strength training.
- Move your body every day. Limit couch time! This helps to burn calories and boosts mood. Go for a walk, ride your bike, chase your kids around, play basketball, wash your car, vacuum, etc. Just keep moving!
- Maintain a healthy diet. Limit alcohol intake and eat healthy foods MOST of the time. This will help you feel better and lose excess body fat.Try these 5 tips and let me know what you think!