In the next installment of my “5 Tips” series I’ll discuss how to get the best at home manicure.
I’ve been doing my own nails since I was about 10 years old, and I’ve always loved it! Here are the steps I use to get the best, longest lasting manicure at home.
- Remove all old nail polish using a cotton ball and nail polish remover. Any brand will do. Lately I’ve been using the CVS store brand.
- Push back cuticles using cuticle remover. I’ve always used Sally Hansen Cuticle Remover and an orange wood stick.
- Shape nails with an Emory board. I’ve always used Revlon brand Emory boards.
- Wash and dry your hands. Your nails must be completely dry and free of any lotions.
- With a steady hand, apply polish according to the directions on the particular brand you use. For almost a year I’ve been using Dazzle Dry, but I also love Essie, OPI, Sally Hansen and Revlon polishes.
These are some of the products I use. You can find them at any drug store, Target, Walmart or on Amazon.
If you can follow these 5 steps, and have a steady hand, you can do a great at home mani! Good luck and have fun!